Charitable Giving Guidelines
If you are a nonprofit organization seeking support from Harbor Freight Tools, these guidelines are meant to assist you in requesting funding for your organization.
Harbor Freight Tools is proud to support nonprofit organizations that serve the following areas:
- K-12 Public Education
- Fire & Police Departments
As a national retailer, we receive far more requests than we are able to support. We do not make donations to:
- Animal Welfare Organizations
- Religiously affiliated institutions, groups and events
- Healthcare causes
- Political organizations
- Athletic organizations, including youth, amateur and pro sports sponsorships
- Social organizations
Criteria for donation requests:
- Local Community grants range from a minimum of $25 to a maximum of $400.
- Eligible nonprofit organizations must operate on the local level (or be an affiliate/chapter of a larger organization that operates locally) and directly benefit the service area of the facility from which they are requesting funding.
- Please note that all required documentation i.e. Tax ID Number, IRS Declaration letter, or NCES ID number must be submitted within 30 days of the donation request. If documentation is not submitted within 30 days, your donation request will be declined.
- Organizations may only submit one donation request and/or receive one donation from Harbor Freight Tools within a calendar year (January 1 - December 31).
- All organizations requesting a donation must be an organization holding a current tax-exempt status for at least one year as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3), or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code, listed on the IRS Master File and conducting activities within the United States prior to applying.
- Harbor Freight Tools reserves the right, without prior notice and in its sole and absolute discretion, to decline a donation request and/or update our guidelines and eligibility criteria at any time.
- By completing this application, you consent to Harbor Freight Tools contacting you to request photos to share on our website and social media channels and will reasonably cooperate with such request.